Wednesday, August 09, 2006

ok, heres the thing....
Josh hangs out at this place called hidden treasures, it is a comic book, trading card place, he works for the guy sometimes organizing cards, cleaning up...etc...
He is there from 10:00 in the morning til 6:00 at night when they close. There is always a ton of people there playing some card game called Magic or duel masters, (pokemon crap) On the weekend sometimes hell ask to stay to play in a tournament, it lasts til 10:00 or 11:00 sometimes. The other day Josh called and said Jim the owner was going to give him a ride, an hour later I went to the card store cause he wasnt there yet. Noone was there so I came back and Josh was here, he said Jim took him and another kid to eat. Then last night he calls and asks if he can go to the driving range with Jim and 3 other kids, so I said Yes be home by 8:00, no later, not 5 after dont call after 8:00 saying you are on your way. He says I prmoise mom, if Im not you can do whatever to me. He calls at 10 after saying he is on his way, I just laughed and Josh says whatever and hangs up.
Now my problem is why is a grown man hanging out with kids, why does he have a business where kids hang out all day? And why cant he as an adult seem to get my kid home on time. Eric says I am stupid cause this man has never done anything, he just gives me the creeps. Eric says cut the cord already, Josh gets mad if I say anything about this guy. (and to top it off we moved 3 houses away from him)... So now Josh is not talking to me cause he had to go to his grandmas today and couldnt go over there. My question is, would you have a problem with this, or am I blowing it way out of porportion? I hadnt even told him I wasnt gonna let him go back for the rest of the week, he just thinks its today and hes pissed and is not talking to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger diana said...

gee, you're in a tough spot. you have every reason to have concerns about jim. one idea is to have a one-on-one talk with jim, adult-to-adult. you could say that while you appreciate josh working at his store & his offers outside the store, that you would prefer that josh come straight home after work. if jim doesn't respect your wishes as josh's parent, then definitely cut the ties. just a suggestion.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Yep, I agreed with all the ladies....quietly do a chat before it is too late.

Good Luck! YOu are great to feel that way, I'll be worried too Debby.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

i too would have a little chat with jim without josh knowing. Just tell him look He needs to be homw when I say and no later. do not be to rude about it be thankful for mim employing josh.

but trust your gut. the only thing i disagree with is when you said why would a grown man have a busniss where kids hang out all day well it might just be a passion of his Like i have a passion for kids. But if you have a bad feeling I would jump on it k.

Let us know what is up and good luck.

P.S.
Many of night Ben and Jerry have been my friends and helped comfort me through the crap.:)

9:55 AM  
Blogger tony said...

me and donna had brit go through this with a lady and she was putting idias in her head that were not like ous, and she was in our church.a year later she went back to her x-husband that beat her and now he left her and she is homeless.but like donna said you can have him checked out,I would.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

through the megans law website or your county sheriff website, there you should be a link to check out child predators in your neighborhood, city, on your block . . . whatever. But definately have a talk with the guy. He needs to respect your wishes as a parent. Josh is a good kid and he wouldnt let anything happen to himself!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Betsy said...

Wow, you should really consider all these greatpeices of advice. I must tell you this.. I saw the exact thing happen to my little brother a grown man suddlenly was his new best freind. ON daniels (my brother) part he thought this guy was cool but the man ended up introducing drugs to him and getting Daniel to get money to him no matter how Daniel could get it.
Not that this is your situation but I say this.. A grown man doesnt find young boys conversations that interesting!

Remember God only gives you so many warning signs. If we arent going to protect our kids.. who will? NO matter what kind of hell others put you through, your always right when it comes to your children.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home