Monday, April 21, 2008

Joshua is having a real hard time in school....not cause he's not smart, just cause he is so lazy. He will be 17 in a few months, and I am to the point now where I am trying to let him make his own decisions, and learn from them. Josh is a lot bigger then me and I can not physically make him go to school and even when he does go I can't make him do his work. He's always playing the sick roll, and even when he is at school, I think for what, he doesn't do his work, he doesn't do his home work, and he disrupts the class. Josh now wants to take his GED, part of me feels if he can't even get through school, what can he do.The other part of me thinks, getting his GED would be better if he decides to go to college later then having years of F's and lousy attendance. He wants to join the military, which also scares me, on one hand I think it will do him some good, teach him some responsibility and a little bit of respect, but on the other hand, what if they sent him over seas, that would make me a basket case, if anything happened to my son I would lose it. I don't want him to grow up before its time, I want him to get back into sports and go to Prom, and do kid things. Is this a choice I leave up to him..... he is almost an adult..

3 Comments:

Blogger diana said...

these are major life trajectory decisions. i guess at this point may be josh just needs your support. he's not likely going to do anything unless he feels motivated and that's completely up to him.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

I know it can be really frustrating and at this age it is rather difficult to talk to them. I hope he'll see that you are anxious or is it possible to talk to him?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think at that age all you can do is let them try and learn for thier own mistakes and be there to pick up the pieces if need be. the military would be good - but its best if you stay in for the long haul. (Life time benefits!) And the teenagers are only going to go and do those things that know you dont want them to do anyways!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home