Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Well I am finding out how bad it really is. I spoke with Joshs child development teacher. He has made it to class 2 times in the last 4 weeks. Ya see teachers ease has benn down now for about 5 weeks, and i have received no calls from the school, but they are looking at me right now like i am the bad person. And the only reason I found out is because the computer did call my house Friday, and i checked on it Monday. Josh went to his room last night and didnt come out at all except to eat. this morning I woke him up at 7:00-7:10 and then at 7:20 I told him you know if you miss one day of drivers ed she is going to drop you, cause he missed the 1st week, which was understandable because it started a week before the other 9 week classes and we didnt know that. He says I know. and didnt get out of bed, at 7:30 I left, dropped off Savannah and I get a text from him saying why are you acting weird. I wrote back, weird ? he says you left without me, i said you didnt get ready, he wrote that his friend was going to get him, i said oh. he wrote you are acting like you dont care...i said Josh that is the farthest thing from the truth, you are the one that doesnt care and i cant do anything about it, unless i quit work to take him to every class, which is out of the question, we are definitly a 2 person income family, and although i think on one hand we can move to the ghetto and i can do just that walk him every day to each class, but on the other hand i think why...why should we all suffer cause he cant make it to class. I get him up every day and make sure he gets to school on time, when is some of the responsibility on him. I bought him an alarm clock and told him i leave at 7:30 if he wants a ride be ready.
Yes Michelle we have a deal that we will stay here until he graduates, Eric has the same thought we should just move back to Cali if he is going to act like this. I say it will be worse if we go back on our decision. I dont know what to do, I have taken everything he owns away from him down to a bed and dresser and blankets, it doesnt phase him. so i take away the things i think are important to him, the computer, video games, phone. The things that are going through my head now are drug test him !!! Eric says no, i say what is he doing while he is ditching (he says going to the park my himself) BULL ... I know what I did when I ditched. I am so blue right now, and feel like such a failure. And you know what sucks the most....I thought I knew him, the Josh I knew didnt ditch. I guess I dont know him. and do i really want to drug test him and find out that hes smoking pot, that will crush me, absulutly crush me. Would you drug test your son/daighter if you thought something was up ???
Thanks for letting me ramble on it makes me feel better...

4 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Debby and yes, it would be painful to come to that decision of doing a drug test on our children. I would dread that but in Singapore, the kids do not have access to pots & stuff like that.

I am sorry Josh 'misunderstood' you as with some children too. Relax your thoughts and hope things would be better soon.

Hugs Debby!

7:37 PM  
Blogger diana said...

that's tough. i think you should go with your parental instincts on this one. i would want to get to the truth of what is going on with my kids so that i can then figure out the correct course of action. so, yes, i would drug test if that is i suspected. no sense in being in denial. it may not be drugs, but then you'll know for sure.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

The driver's ed should be a privledge too. It you can't keep up with the rest of the school, driver's ed out! I know its hard being the bad guy but your children will appreciate it later in life. Give him a chance to explain himself before jumping to drug testing. Do not allow him to just go sit in his room and not discuss it! Try to keep things out in the open and let him know that you are considering the drug testing and see how he reacts to it. And then give him some time to make a turn around.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

oh debby I am sorry you guys r going throuh this. YOU R NOT A FAILURE! you are doing the right thing and hell yes i would drug test one of kids!!!!!!! You do what your gut is tellling you.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home