Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So I went to the doctor yesterday.....
I guess I have high blood pressure, have never had it before, it doesn't run in my family. So she put me on meds....and told me to come back in 3 weeks. She asked me nothing about my diet, nothing about if I exercise. So I got to thinking and I asked if I could speak to her again, and I waited for 45 minutes and nothing. I love my doctor and have never questioned her. But I have been stressed the last 2 months, I haven't been exercising, I eat WAY too much salt. So I am thinking do I really want to be on meds...NO. I hate taking medicine. Should I for the next 3 weeks watch what I eat, start exercising again, and not take my meds, and then after the 3 weeks of trying if I can not control it then go on meds.....Whatcha think?

7 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

Certainly try to fix your diet first before you start meds.. Once you start meds and start messing with your natural chemicals.. its a bad idea.

Try diet first.. meds are a last resort. Most Drs. are tooo quick to hand out meds. Its killing people!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betsy is right...lay off the salt drink more water...I know you dont like it ...BUT...meds are the last resort.once you start taking them they usually keep you on them

4:42 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hiya Debby, sorry to hear this but like what Betsy & Donna mentioned start by eating healthier choice and if exercise is too tedious at this point, start by doing brisk walking everyday.

Change of lifestyle will definitely help and you can do it. Don't be stress out by this now, focus and I bet blood pressure will normalise.

Be Strong!!!! We are here to encourage you :D

10:36 PM  
Blogger diana said...

i think you should DEFINITELY talk with your doctor again!!!! ask her why she thinks you need meds and what you'd like to do instead. perhaps your blood pressure is so high that she felt you needed to be some med intervention to get your blood pressure under control. i don't know since i'm not a doc. i think doing the things you suggest are very sensible regardless of blood pressure ... but double check on the meds. ... for our sake! ;)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hey Debby it has been a while since your last blog, hope you are well and fine.

Take care :D

5:52 PM  
Blogger david santos said...

Happy New Year....

7:48 AM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Send hugs to you Debby, hope you are well and fine.

Hugs to the kids ya!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home