Monday, August 04, 2008

Well things have been a little crazy for me the last couple weeks.....
My mom invited me over for dinner because she needed to talk to me....After a long conversation and crying, the end result was I have a sister.... When my mom was a teenager way back when....she had a baby and gave her up for adoption.....She got a call the other day from a woman that works for an agency that finds biological parents for adopted kids. After a series of questions the last of which was do you want to have contact with her, my mom said Yes. The agency gave her my moms phone number and the next night she called and talk to my mom for like 2 hours. I spoke with her for a short time. I am so excited....I have a brother, a half brother, and growing up I had 3 step brothers...never a sister.
We have emailed several times since then and exchanged pictures, as teenagers and when we were in our 20's we looked alot alike, but getting older I think she looks more like my mom....The strangest part is she lived in Orange County her whole life, I was born and lived in Orange County until I was almost a teenager and then returned my senior year until I had kids and moved...We have so many questions, and have so much time now to talk and email and meet....wow i can't wait to meet her and her family....
I am on cloud 9 .....

3 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

This is wonderful Debby the way you embrace this news. I wish you luck and get to know her better.

Keep us posted ok ;)

5:26 PM  
Blogger diana said...

WOW!!! talk about life changing news! can't wait to see pics and hear more!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

How exciting! I cant wait to hear all about it!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home