Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Well tonight is Idol....YEAH I will sitting on my couch all snuggled up with some cocoa (or wine if my day continues to be crappy) lol....Will any of you be joining in...
My friend Donna sent this to me today....matches what I am going through perfectly...Take the time to read it, it's funny.

"January"

'TWAS THE MONTH AFTER CHRISTMAS



Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared.

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt.

I said to myself, as I only can
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So... away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'Til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore.
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle,
no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all
and to all a good diet!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ill be watching Idol! And tomorrow is the Seattle portion! Yeah! I love that poem. I read it on another blog and posted in on myspace!

2:57 PM  
Blogger tony said...

me and donna will be watching tonight. We got the pics of brit up today and later I will post the snow we got today(4 inches in 4 hours)

4:25 PM  
Blogger diana said...

that is hilarious! there is (unfortunately) a lot of truth in that poem!

6:54 PM  
Blogger di.di said...

>> I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore.
But isn't that what January is for?


LOL. hey, that's funny!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Get to watch Idol only in Feb :(

Yep, happy new year, happy new diet....:D

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home