Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When it rains ...it pours!
This term has come out of my mouth alot lately.....Things have been kind of stressful for me
lately....We are down a car, so every morning I have to get up and take Eric to work by 7:00 then take Savannah to my moms and the opposite side of town then take Josh to school and then go to work. It just burns me out. We are trying to save for a new car for Eric, but it just seems things keep coming up, we had to replace something in the air conditioner yesterday, last week was Joshs yearbook $125.00 (am I the only one that thinks that is ridiculous), Summer clothes for the kids, my trip to Cali next month, it just goes on and on....Then thursday is Josh's last day of school. And I already told him I am not going to have the money like we did last year for you to go do stuff everyday, and that makes me feel like crap cause I know how boring summers can get and I know he wants to hang out with his friends....Anyhow I am getting a second job and Eric has been working overtime to help out, and slowly things are falling back into place...Then this morning (at my work a lady comes on Tues and Thur to sell like salads and soups, sweets stuff like that) and we were talking and she said she needs to find someone to help her to carry all the stuff in and out of her van cause she is having surgery tomorrow, and that she just needs someone for 2 or 3 months......Perfect I thought, so I said what about Josh, so I am going to talk to Josh tonight, its only from 7:30 to about 10:30 or 11:00 so he has the whole rest of the day to do what he wants, he'll have spending money for the summer, he will learn the value of a dollar, cause he has no clue as of now. And I wont be waking him up at noon everyday like last summer. That bugs me worse then anything when they play video games ALL day or sleep ALL day. So that is my wo0nderful news today, my son will be working this summer...Yeah!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger trisha said...

I agree with you on the price of the yearbooks. Ridiculous. What a perfect way for Josh to earn some dough for summer and at the same time he can learn some responsiblity. I can certainly tell that Becca working at Staters for the last year has taught her a lot.

Yea- I took Kaylees dance pics- we were just messing around on Sunday afternoon having photoshoots! She likes it!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

the yearbook is stupid i would of pitched a fit at the school.

The job thing is awsome. he will learn quick that money is not easy to come by.and he will learn responsbility and priority.

I hope it all works out Iam still so anxious to see you and take you out one night steve already said he would watch the kids and I know trisha will go to.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hey Debby, read through your blog since you started and I began to know more about you :D What a great way to learn about family life in America through your blog.

Hope that Josh will learn the value of money after this.

Take care :D

5:48 PM  
Blogger tony said...

if I remeber right yearbooks were like 50.00 at the most when I was in highschool.
work is good for teens brit works 2 days a week only 2 hours a day but it is her money
kevin will be in summer school most of the summer(that sucks)
good luck with everything eles

12:21 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

When it rains, it pours is so true! You just gotta remmeber that when God closes one door, he opens another! What a great opportunity for Josh!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home